Fabric shelters need to be gone by May 1
Last October, the Benson City Council voted to give property owners in the city who have erected fabric shelters until May 1 to remove the shelters. That deadline is now less than a month away.
At its October meeting, the council voted to send the following letter to city residents with the fabric structures on their property:
“In an effort to improve the conditions of our city, the city council has decided to step up enforcement of its zoning ordinance.
“This letter is being sent to make sure you are aware of one of the provisions of the zoning ordinance, section 154.025 subdivision G(2), which states, “Accessory buildings constructed primarily of canvas, plastic fabric, or other similar non –permanent building materials shall be prohibited.”
“The intent of the city is to have buildings that are prohibited…removed by May 1, 2014. Any non-complying building remaining on property in the City of Benson after May1 will make the owner subject to the enforcement provisions of the Benson City Ordinance.”
Photo: The intent of the city is to have buildings that are prohibited…removed by May 1. This photo is a depiction of such shelters.
- Swift County Fair this week; fundraising for new restroom facilities underway
- Inspection of Milan Bridge starts Aug. 18 on Highway 40
- County votes 4-1 to hire PR firm for prison effort
- Thunderstorms and possible strong storms Thursday (today)
- Repeat texting and driving offenders face stiffer penalties