Swift County without an official coroner
Swift County is currently without an official coroner. Dr. Matt Dammeyer, who left his practice with Affiliated Community Medical Centers in Benson earlier this month, submitted his resignation as the county coroner April 9.
Swift County Administrator Mike Pogge-Weaver told the county board of commissioners at their meeting April 15 that he had been in contact with the other doctors in the county and that at this time none wanted to be the primary coroner.
“We hope to have someone in place by the next meeting,” he said. “We may have to look outside the county for the primary corner.”
- Large city roads project gets underway in May
- Benson’s assessed value increases by nearly $1.5 million
- They’re back . . . BHS choir students return from 6-day trip to New York City
- A mild winter means ice goes off Minnesota’s lakes early
- More options made available to buffer strip state requirements