Two men face felony burglary charges
Two men face felony charges after being arrested Thursday in an action that involved both the Swift County and Pope County sheriffs offices as well as the West Central SWAT team.
Just before 7:30 Thursday morning, June 26, the Swift County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call from a residence just across the Pope County line on the east side Minnesota Highway 29 north.
The caller told the dispatcher that her step grandson, as well as others at her house, had said they had just robbed a place and had taken guns. Swift County dispatch transferred the call to Pope County Sheriff’s Office. The West Central SWAT Team was called as law enforcement prepared to enter the property at
33576 St Hwy 29 N, Benson. There are two farm homes located close to each other on the property.
Officers arrested Jason Rusthoven, 29, of Clontarf and Jeremy Cook, 25, of New London at the scene. Nicole Rode, 31, of Clontarf and Ranea Nolden, 28, of Hawick were also detained. Rode was later released and Nolden was held on an active warrant out of Stearns County.
- Large city roads project gets underway in May
- Benson’s assessed value increases by nearly $1.5 million
- They’re back . . . BHS choir students return from 6-day trip to New York City
- A mild winter means ice goes off Minnesota’s lakes early
- More options made available to buffer strip state requirements