Klobuchar talks ag policy with CVEC
U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar was in Benson Sunday evening to meet with representatives of the Chippewa Valley Ethanol Company (CVEC).
While the discussion focused on ethanol, the subjects covered varied from biofuels, to propane shortages, to filling the need for workers in rural communities, to trains blocking the tracks in Benson.
Also at the meeting were Tom and Randy Dooley, who are partners in Alliance Energy, the company that is working to add a rail spur next to the former Kinder-Morgan propane tank facility along west U.S. 12 that will allow it to be supplied by rail car.
- Swift County Fair this week; fundraising for new restroom facilities underway
- Inspection of Milan Bridge starts Aug. 18 on Highway 40
- County votes 4-1 to hire PR firm for prison effort
- Thunderstorms and possible strong storms Thursday (today)
- Repeat texting and driving offenders face stiffer penalties