Only 227 votes cast in primary
Ed Pederson and Grant Herfindahl will face off for the District 2 Swift County Commission seat in November after placing first and second in last Tuesday’s primary. Nancy Loen finished third was eliminated from the race. Peterson received 138 votes with Herfindahl getting 68 and Loen 21. The 227 votes cast in the primary were 737 fewer than the 964 cast in the 2012 District 2 election when then incumbent Commissioner Gary Klemm defeated Pederson who had sought election as a write-in candidate. The general election is Nov. 4.
- Large city roads project gets underway in May
- Benson’s assessed value increases by nearly $1.5 million
- They’re back . . . BHS choir students return from 6-day trip to New York City
- A mild winter means ice goes off Minnesota’s lakes early
- More options made available to buffer strip state requirements